You may have received a letter inviting you to make an appointment for an injection against pneumonia. Unfortunately there is a current shortage of the vaccine, so although it is important that those who have received a letter are vaccinated, we would ask for your patience until we are able obtain further supplies
PATIENT ONLINE SERVICES:
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
RESET FORGOTTEN PASSWORD
Tamar Valley Health is the general medical practice serving the people of Callington, Gunnislake and surrounding area. We run two surgeries: Callington Health Centre and Gunnislake Health Centre.
Our patients are our priority and this website has been designed with our patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
The technology also means you can now do many things online such as order a repeat prescription, make or cancel an appointment or simply find out more about what we can do for you at Tamar Valley Health.
The doctors and staff at Tamar Valley Health are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including minor surgery, antenatal and postnatal care, minor injuries services, and childhood vaccinations.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
Disabled access and facilities are available at both health centres, including automatic doors, disabled toilet facilities, height-adjustable examination couches and hearing loops. If you require additional assistance from a member of staff, please ask, and also please let us know if we are not meeting your needs in this area.
How we use your information at Tamar Valley Health
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and effective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see the privacy notice on our website or ask at reception.
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function.
Please see our Current Vacancies page for details of our vacancy for the following role(s):
4-8 session Salaried GP or Partner
(Site updated 17/07/2018)