Tamar Valley Health
Finance Assistant – Purchase Ledger
Tamar Valley Health
We are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic finance assistant to support our
Practice Finance Manager with the day-to-day running of our busy finance department. Tamar Valley Health is a dispensing GP Practice serving 16,000 patients from two sites in Callington and Gunnislake.
The role is part-time, working 22.5 hours on Wednesday to Friday, 8.30-5pm with one hour for lunch. Salary range: £18,700-£19,200 pa (pro-rata); 33 days annual leave (pro-rata); Access to NHS Pension Scheme.
- Daily processing of purchase ledger transactions
- Payment of supplier invoices
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and control accounts
- VAT – assist with analysis and processing of monthly partial-exemption VAT returns
- Budget – assist with preparation of budgets, monitoring spend and production of budget reports
- Management accounts – assist with the month end process and production of management accounts, to include processing of prepayments, accruals and depreciation
- Maintain registers of fixed assets, equipment and maintenance logs
- Covering sales ledger duties as required in the absence of the sales ledger finance assistant
- General finance administrative duties and any other duties reasonably requested by the Practice Finance Manager, SMT and Partners
- In the performance of the duties the postholder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers of the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of
personal and sensitive data.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- AAT qualified to Level 3
- Three years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong IT skills, including use of Sage Line 50 and Excel
- Experience of VAT, including a good understanding of the different types and rates of VAT
- Have a clean driving licence
- Work at a high degree of accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Be a flexible team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of working in a medical organisation
- Experience of VAT partial-exemption
Please submit your CV together with a covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 11th December 2018
Start date for successful applicant: circa 23rd January 2019
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated medical receptionist (patient advisor) to join our reception team. We are a busy but friendly two site GP practice. We require a committed, hardworking team player, who is computer literate and has experience within a customer or patient facing role. Must be able to work under pressure and use own initiative.
Our medical receptionist team is the first point of contact for patients and visitors to the practice, whether in person or on the phone: receiving, signposting, directing and assisting them in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional as well as helping with enquiries and responding to complaints, while also providing assistance to the wider practice team and other healthcare providers. Potential candidates must have strong customer service skills, be an effective communicator; both face to face and on the phone.
Minimum of GCSE Maths and English at grade C or equivalent.
Previous customer or patient service experience
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Driving licence/ transport (will be required to work at both Callington & Gunnislake Health Centres)
Previous experience of general practice reception work and SystmOne is advantageous but not essential.
The hours are TBC and will be between 30 & 37.5 per week. Hourly rate £8.65. Hours to be worked between 8am-8pm Monday to Saturday. Usual working hours are 8:30-6.30.
Previous applicants need not apply.
If you have any questions about this position please contact Gemma Whiting (Reception Team Leader) 01579 382666
Closing date for applications 7th December 2018
- Manning the reception desk and telephones.
- Making appointments and taking visit requests.
- Filing/entering data, either in paper or computerised records.
- Filing medical records.
- Dealing with patient queries, e.g. test results and hospital admissions.
- Dealing with all other queries e.g. from pharmacies, hospitals and other practices.
- Arranging hospital transport.
- Sending faxes and e-mails.
- Managing the phone transfers to and from the out of hours’ service.
- Opening and securing the practice premises, switching computer systems on and off, and preparing the public and consulting rooms for each day.
- Acting as a link between GPs and dealing with associated paperwork.
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.65 /hour
- Medical Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)
- Callington and Gunnislake, Cornwall
- Full driving licence (Preferred)
4-8 SESSION SALARIED GP OR PARTNER
Newly qualified and retainers welcome
Start date: ASAP
Tamar Valley Health is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Cornwall/Devon border. Close to the market town of Tavistock and within easy reach of Plymouth. There is a good choice of local schools. Between moor, sea and river, outdoor opportunities abound for sailing, surfing, cycling and walking.
Tamar Valley Health is an innovative forward thinking practice:
- GMS 16,000+ patients with 7 GP partners, 2 Pharmacist Partners and 6 Associate GPs working over 2 health centres at Callington and Gunnislake
- Pharmacy at Gunnislake Health Centre with rising profits and Practice Dispensaries at both sites
- Full QOF scores for the last 3 years and ‘Good/Outstanding’ CQC ratings
- Active involvement with the CCG and LMC
- SystmOne and EPS
- Excellent Clerical and Nursing Teams including a Prescribing Nurse Practitioner and Prescribing Nurse Team Leader
- Medical Student Training
- Active in NIHR and RCGP approved research
- Close links to Community teams
For further information and to arrange an informal visit please contact
Sue Spillane, HR Administrator, at email@example.com or telephone 01579 382666.