Over the last 6 months staff and patients at Tamar Valley Health have had to adapt to new ways of delivering and receiving healthcare in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. This has been particularly challenging as the guidelines continue to change and we have had to quickly adapt systems to maintain the safety of our staff and patients.
Due to changes in the financial support from central Government, it is with great sadness that tomorrow will be the last day our Practice Support Assistants will be working on the front door. They have done a fantastic job in supporting our staff and patients and we will miss them.
From Monday 14th September, we will be asking patients to:
- ONLY enter the practice if you have a pre-booked appointment or need to collect a prescription – please contact us via telephone or via our website for any other queries where possible
- Please wear a face covering when entering the practice, unless you have a medical exemption (visors can be made available to you from reception or dispensary)
- Please ensure that you use the hand sanitiser provided around the practice
- Please adhere to the social distancing markers and arrows, to help direct the flow of people
- At our Gunnislake practice, we will only be opening one hatch for medication collection – this will be the hatch next to the check-in screen, directly in front of you as you come through the front door (the hatch around the corner will be closed)
- We ask that, where possible, you wait outside for the reception or dispensary staff at hatch to be available to assist you, as we are attempting to operate a one in/one out policy as much as possible for any queues inside the building
- If you have an appointment, please use the check-in screen and do not queue for the receptionist (unless you are experiencing difficulty with the check-in screen)
- If you are dropping of a repeat prescription request, please use the external post boxes – at Gunnislake this is via the white pharmacy door at the side of the building and at Callington, this is next to the main entrance
- Remember you can also order your medication via the NHS app or via SystmOnline if you have registered with us for online services – for more information, please visit the online services area on the home page of our website
We are going to be continually monitoring how well the flow of patients is going and you may notice some alterations over the coming weeks as we find our feet with this new system.
Thank you all for your ongoing cooperation and understanding whilst we navigate our way through the ongoing pandemic.