Clinics and Services
When you speak with a receptionist at the surgery you will usually be asked what your appointment is for. This is to help in guiding you to the correct practitioner. The surgery employs a range of well qualified staff and you can often be seen by a nurse or a nurse practitioner more quickly than a doctor. This can also free up valuable GP time for patients whose needs necessitate a GP appointment.
We offer a range of services including the below. For more information, please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic Room.
We offer a walk-in minor injury service, for more information please visit our Walk-in Minor Injuries Service page.
Family Planning and Maternity Care
All the doctors and many of the nurses are trained in family planning, and we offer a coil-fitting service. The morning-after pill is also readily available.
Our community midwives run ante-natal clinics, and refer pregnant patients to their GPs as necessary. Patients having home births will receive visits from their GPs or midwife to undertake new baby checks.
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your contraception, please use our online form.
The practice runs a service called Tic Tac which provides health advice at Callington Community College every lunchtime during term time. Children attending the college (including pre-teenagers) can attend a confidential drop-in centre for advice. This service is also open to those who are not patients of the practice.
For more information, please visit our Wellbeing Centre room.
We provide a medication-monitoring service for patients on certain drugs such as Warfarin and specific drugs for severe arthritis or skin problems. Your doctor will advise you if this is necessary, and will explain how you will be monitored.
Immunisations and Travel Vaccinations
We offer a full range of vaccinations and immunisations, from those for young babies through to adults travelling abroad or those needing protection against flu.
Yellow Fever immunisations are available at Callington Health Centre. Please note that there may be charges for certain immunisations for travellers.
Please visit our Travel Room for more information.
Our Nursing Team offer a huge array of services meaning you often do not need to see a Doctor:
- Chronic disease management (asthma, COPD – emphysema, diabetes) – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your asthma, please use our online form
- Contraception – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your contraception, please use our online form
- Ear syringing
- Minor injuries
- Removal of stitches
- Travel advice and vaccinations – please visit our Travel Room for more information
- Verrucas, Athletes Foot, Nappy Rash
- Head Lice, Threadworms
- Blood pressure checks and 24-hour blood-pressure monitors – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your blood pressure, please use our online form.
- Blood tests
- Some dressings (please enquire with receptionist)
- New patient examinations
- Swabs (wounds, eyes, throats)
- Urine tests
- Stitch and clip removal
- Flu and pneumonia injections
- Healthy Living Advice (stop smoking etc) – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit an review of your smoking, please use our online form
All of the Healthcare Assistant duties and in addition:
- NHS health checks
- B12 injections
- Ear syringe
- Diabetic foot checks