You will find our current opportunities here on our vacancies page; however, we always want to hear from prospective new team members. If you are interested in working with us, please send any recruitment enquiries to our HR Manager, Gemma Whiting via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are particularly interested in GPs considering partnership opportunities or salaried posts.
Tamar Valley Health are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced paramedic to work in General Practice. You will have the opportunity to influence direct patient care, apply a preventative medicine approach alongside responding to acute medical needs.
You can choose to apply for a role as a Paramedic Practitioner (see essential experience under role specifications) or a PCN Paramedic (see desirable experience under role specifications) depending on work-related skills, experience, and existing qualifications.
The post holder will provide clinical care alongside the ever-expanding practice multidisciplinary team, consisting of GPs, Pharmacists, Practice Paramedics, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants, a Social Prescribing Link Worker, a Mental Health Practitioner, First Contact Physiotherapists and Pharmacy Technicians. We also have an extensive practice support team, consisting of Medical Receptionists, Data Administrators, Medical Secretaries, PCN Care Co-ordinators, qualified Dispensers, and our management team.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Patient contact will be via patient facing clinics, triage, on-call duties, and home visits
- Duties include, but not limited to; home visits, care home ward rounds, post-discharge reviews, on the day acute clinics and “minor illness” appointments and seasonal vaccination clinics.
- To assess, diagnose, treat, refer, or direct to other services; our patients in the Acute Care Practice hub and those who request domicile visits relating to unscheduled minor conditions, injuries, or acute illness.
Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years post NQP experience as an operational band 6 paramedic and has been signed off formally within the clinical pillar of competencies of the Advanced Clinical Practice Framework. However, at Tamar Valley Health we offer extensive professional development and actively support career progression, so we are happy to receive applications from enthusiastic and passionate individuals who may not meet the above requirements but meet the essential criteria of the job role. We are anticipating the postholder to complete MSc Advanced Clinical Practice and achieve a non-medical prescribing qualification if they have not completed these already.
You will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the 1st April 2022 unless medically exempt (as per government guidance) and we will need proof of these at interview stage. Any job offer will be subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS checks, occupational health questionnaire and references
Up to full time – ideally 37.5 hours per week (4 days per week, with some weekend working)
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications £31,533 – £50,973
Trainee Dispensary Team Leader/ Senior Dispenser
We require a full time (37.5 hours across 5 days) experienced qualified dispenser to work at our two site GP Practice. We have an exciting opportunity for an accomplished, highly motivated, and forward-thinking Dispensary & Pharmacy Team Leader to join our friendly, caring and supportive team.
Tamar Valley Health are a well-organised, innovative, and high achieving GMS practice with just over 16,400 patients, 10 GP and Pharmacist partners and a wider practice team who actively embraces change to deliver the best care we can to patients.
Previous recent supervisory experience is essential for this position, we are happy to provide comprehensive in-house training in relation to working within primary care . This is a key role in supporting the dispensary, pharmacy staff, Clinical Pharmacists, PCN Pharmacy Technicians, GPs, clinical and admin teams in our busy but friendly practice. Candidates must have proven supervisory skills and be confident in the delivery of the relevant aspects of leadership, effective team building and people management. We will be looking for a candidate of high integrity and commitment, who are conscientious, and have excellent communication skills.
The post holder will be expected to manage the individual needs of the dispensary team including communication, annual leave, sick leave, cover during absences, supervision, mentoring and training. Undertake any other necessary work as may be required and appropriate to maintain a high standard and efficient dispensing service.
Key Performance Indicators:
- To effectively manage the dispensary staff.
- To oversee and manage the day to day running of the dispensary.
- To ensure the Practice meets the current requirements with regard to audit and current legislation, including controlled drug legislation.
- To audit systems and processes and to instigate changes when appropriate.
- To work alongside the Management team and Partners to maintain the quality of the service the Practice provides.
- Maintaining the reputation of the Practice and retaining the respect of the patients through effective management of the department (ie the Dispensary)
- Keeping up to date with current pricing and purchasing arrangements to ensure maximisation of Dispensary income. Communicating instructions to the team on a regular and timely basis.
- Dispensing acute prescriptions.
- Dispensing repeat prescriptions requests received
- Updating patients’ repeat screens on Doctors’ instructions.
- Ensuring the Dispensary area remains clean and tidy
- Handing out prescriptions and collecting charges when appropriate.
- Collecting and recording private charges
- Sorting, stamping and endorsing prescriptions.
- Completing backs of prescriptions.
- Generating prescriptions.
- Ensuring prescriptions are endorsed correctly to ensure correct reimbursement.
- Ordering appropriate quantities of stock.
- Checking goods as and when they are delivered and recording generic details.
- Returning incorrect goods to the wholesalers.
- Stocking shelves, refrigerators and other storage areas using rotation method.
- Removing ‘out of date’ stock from the shelves, refrigerators, and other storage areas.
- Disposal of returned unused medicines.
Applicants must have:
- NVQ2 (or higher) dispensing qualification (ideally Buttercups or NPA)
- Recent dispensing experience
- Line management experience & the ability to manage large teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be able to adhere to Practice Protocols and SOP’s
- Be keen to learn, develop and progress
- Driving license and access to transport as working at both sites is an essential part of the role
- Knowledge of General Practice dispensing regulations would be advantageous
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Take an active role in training, mentoring and coaching staff
- Involvement with recruitment and training of new dispensing staff
- Complete a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician qualification and various other courses in leadership and management, HR Level 2 and potentially further qualifications relating to job function
- Ensuring the clinical and dispensary software packages are fully and effectively utilised
- Take responsibility for DSQS/Prescribing Audits
- Ensuring SOPs are up to date, and staff are working to them & responsibility for ensuring month end submissions to the PPA are on time and accurate.
- Ensuring the dispensary operation maximises profitability
Dependent on experience and will reviewed annually. Five weeks annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata), generous NHS occupational pension scheme is available.
£10.30-£12.30 per hour
Cornwall is not just for holidays! Some of us really enjoy living and working here too. We are seeking a new GP to work 4-8 sessions per week to replace our senior partner who is retiring after 30 happy years in the practice. Partnership or salaried considered. We have two surgeries in the Tamar Valley, which is an area of outstanding national beauty, in Callington and Gunnislake. Our patient list size is currently 16,600 and we have almost 100 dedicated team members working alongside our partners to ensure we deliver compassionate, respectful care that can improve patient lives. We are a research and training practice.
We have an ‘open door’ policy of support and actively encourage all staff members to contribute ideas and suggestions so we may ultimately achieve the vision of the Practice and deliver outstanding patient care to our community. We believe that everyone in our business has a voice.
So, what do we think you will love about working for Tamar Valley Health? We asked our staff and here are some of the things they said:
“The pride we take in our work and the excellent service we provide for our patients. (Full QOF points 7 years in a row).”
“The fantastic support the practice provides for training and development – both of permanent staff and medical students, F2 doctors and GP trainees and the way we share learning together through mentor sessions and MDT meetings.”
“The brilliant service we are able to provide from our on-site dispensaries and pharmacy with excellent pharmacist support and the efficient team-working with our highly skilled acute care team and nursing team.”
“The great work done by our data team to ensure patients’ records are accurately coded and our secretaries who turn our dictation around really quickly. The friendly faces of our receptionists in the morning.”
“The opportunities we are now able to access through our PCN with a new mental health practitioner, social prescriber, pharmacy technician, first contact physiotherapist and care coordinators, carefully planned by our excellent management team.”
“The sheep outside my window…and the people I work with – I actually miss them when I’m away – the people that is, not the sheep!”
We welcome informal enquiries and visits from interested candidates – please call our HR Manager Gemma Whiting on 01579 382668 or email email@example.com or GP Partner Dr J Early 01579 382668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.