Patient Participation Group
Every GP practice in the country has a Patient Participation Group (PPG) whose broad aims are to:
- Be a two-way communication bridge between patients and the health professionals in the practice.
- Act as a “sounding board” for the practice by giving comment on any proposed innovations and making suggestions for improvement.
- Provide feedback to the practice.
The PPG has a small committee of both patients and practice staff. It is currently working on the following projects:
- How best to provide patients with information about new technology affecting future appointments.
- Assisting with Flu clinics making patient contact or stewarding.
- Patient satisfaction survey
- Social Prescribing
Your PPG now needs some additional committee members, preferably to provide a more balanced profile of the practice population. It particularly needs people who are prepared to actively develop the role of the PPG, for example by leading small projects.
The PPG meet on the first Thursday of the month at 18:30, bi-monthly, hence October, December etc, alternating between sites as follows:
- February – Callington
- April – Gunnislake
- June – Callington etc.
Any patient in the practice is also very welcome to come along and give their views at these meetings.
If you would like to find out more, please contact:
To become a PPG member, please complete our online Patient Participation Group Registration form or if you would like to see what the PPG have been involved in, please visit our PPG Meeting Minutes and Annual General Meetings page.